Legal aspect of using our App
Thank you for installing the feelSpace application. Together with the feelSpace naviBelt®, you are perfectly equipped to get to know your environment in an unprecedented way!
Before using our apps, please read the following disclaimer. As soon as you have accepted it, you may proceed.
The feelSpace application is designed to be used together with the feelSpace naviBelt® . It allows you to select any geographic target and indicates the beeline from your current location to the selected destination graphically, on your smartphone screen, and tactilely, with vibrations via the naviBelt®. Note that what is shown in Beeline mode is not a concrete navigational route, rather only the direction that a target is in relative to your current location. The application is intended for outdoor use by pedestrians and cyclists. Directions are communicated by the naviBelt® tactilely and intuitively. Using tactile directions should help the user focus his/her eyes and attention on his/her surrounding environment rather than a smartphone.
No guarantee can be given for the accuracy and correctness of the GPS data, location and destination information displayed in the feelSpace app. feelSpace can never replace good travel, orientation, or mobility skills, rather providing additional information to help the user apply these skills. Obstacles are not indicated by this application. Road conditions, traffic regulations and road signs should always take precedence.
This app can also be used by visually impaired or blind people using the iPhone’s VoiceOver feature. However, its use in conjunction with the feelSpace naviBelt® does not replace a cane or a guide dog. Obstacles and potential hazards are not indicated by this application. The user must use his/her own senses and discretion.
GPS data, internet and Bluetooth are required to use the application’s full range of features. Their continuous use can greatly reduce the battery life of your smartphone. feelSpace GmbH cannot guarantee that these services are always available. For long trips, a powerbank is recommended.
This application’s full range of features can only be used together with the naviBelt®. If you would like to purchase a naviBelt®, visit our online shop at www.feelSpace.de.
- feelSpace GmbH is a German company based in Darmstadt and is the publisher of this application.
- The user refers to the person who downloaded and installed this application.
- The feelSpace application is designed to be used together with the feelSpace naviBelt. It allows you to select any geographic target and indicates the beeline or a route from your current location to the selected destination graphically on your smartphone screen, and tactilely, with vibrations via the naviBelt. Note that what is shown in Beeline mode is not a concrete navigational route, rather only the direction where a target is located relative to the user's current location. The application is intended for outdoor use by pedestrians and cyclists. Directions are communicated by the naviBelt tactilely and intuitively. Using tactile directions should help the user focus his/her eyes and attention on his/her surrounding environment rather than a smartphone.
- In order to use the application’s full range of features, the feelSpace naviBelt is required.
- The iOS application can also be used by visually impaired or blind people using the iPhone’s VoiceOver feature. However, its use in conjunction with the feelSpace naviBelt does not replace a cane or a guide dog. Obstacles and potential hazards are not indicated by this application. The user must use his/her own senses and discretion.
- The application and its content are provided without warranty, and the user agrees to use them at his/her own risk. feelSpace makes no expressed or implied guarantees, assurances or warranties of any kind arising from any laws or regulations, including but not limited to: guarantees, assurances, content usability, quality, accuracy, completeness, effectiveness, reliability, suitability for a particular purpose, usage, or use or results of the application or content, or the content and server to operate without interruption and error. The application and the content are provided exclusively as a navigation aid and must not be used for purposes which require precise measurements of directions, distances, or topographic positions. feelSpace does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the maps or other content.
- The user may only use this application for private purposes (i.e. non-commercial purposes) and may not copy, reproduce, decompile, disassemble, etc., or otherwise distribute it.
- The user may use the application only in a way which does not cause the infringement of the provisions of law binding in the Federal Republic of Germany or in any country in which the user takes advantage of the application.
Information and objections regarding GPS-usage and data transmission
- When using this application, the user must be aware that its software collects information from the GPS system, the smartphone’s built-in GPS module, and localization services of Apple Maps.
- The GPS system does not provide 100% accurate data, and this affects the position displayed. Depending on the smartphone, weather conditions, and other influences, the accuracy can vary greatly. In general, accuracy is within 10 m. The application calculates the beeline or a route from the current location to a target position based on the available data. The environmental conditions and the distance influence how correct the information is.
- The user should carefully decide to what extent he/she utilizes the information provided by the application and uses the application at his/her own risk. feelSpace GmbH can never replace good travel, orientation, or mobility skills, rather providing additional information to help the user apply these skills. Obstacles are not signaled by this application. Road conditions, traffic regulations and road signs should always take precedence.
- This application requires an internet connection for various features: loading the maps, address search, location query, route calculation and links to further information. Depending on the device configuration, the payment conditions for internet access, and the transmission of data, additional costs can be incurred by the user.
Explanation by feelSpace
- feelSpace GmbH does not guarantee that the information provided by external devices is always accessible.
- feelSpace GmbH does not guarantee that the information provided by external devices is always correct.
- The user confirms to have understood that the data provided by the device or external services may contain errors for which feelSpace GmbH cannot be held responsible.
- The user may not claim compensation for damages. This does not include claims for compensation based on loss of life, bodily injury, or harm to health, or due to the violation of essential contractual obligations or an intentional or grossly negligent breach of duty by the supplier, their legal representatives or vicarious agents.
- In the event of a breach of essential contractual obligations, the supplier is only liable for the foreseeable damage that is typical for the contract, if this is simply caused by negligence, unless the customer claims damages based on loss of life, bodily injury, or harm to health.
- The limitations of paragraphs 1 and 2 also apply to the supplier’s legal representatives and vicarious agents if claims are directly asserted against them.
- The limitations of liability resulting from paragraphs 1 and 2 do not apply if the supplier has fraudulently concealed a defect or has given a guarantee for the quality of the item. This is also the case if the supplier and the customer made an agreement on the quality of the item. The provisions of the product liability remain unaffected.
- The application publisher is not responsible for any third-party products or components that are part of the application or to which the user has access through the application. In particular, the application publisher is not responsible for the correctness of the features, usability for a specific purpose, or data security. Before third-party products are used, it is necessary to know their usage regulations and conditions as well as their privacy policies.
Reservation to change the scope of services in this application
feelSpace reserves the right to graphically and/or functionally change, extend, limit, or discontinue this application or the services offered by feelSpace within it.
- If feelSpace GmbH has the name and contact information of users, which could be acquired through the user’s contact with feelSpace or through the purchase of a naviBelt from feelSpace, the information will be treated confidentially and will not be passed on to third-parties without permission.
- The feelSpace iOS application uses third-party services for its full range of features. These services access data from your smartphone: Apple Maps.
- The Bluetooth function is required to establish communication between the naviBelt and the smartphone.
- An internet connection is necessary to load the maps, to better determine the location, and to be able to search for a location using its address.
- The internal storage of your smartphone is used for temporary map data (cache). This improves the performance of the mapview and reduces the amount of data downloaded from the internet. Permissions for accessing the storage is limited to saving map data (cache). feelSpace GmbH does not collect any data that is already saved in the storage.